Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day

This Wednesday Jake and I celebrated the 3rd anniversary of the day we got married. I woke up Wednesday and went out to the front room to find my cell phone so I could call Jake and wish him a happy anniversary. On the front room floor was a giant bag and a "happy anniversary" sign. I was so surprised because I thought Jake had forgotten. I was ecstatic to find a new Canon Rebel digital SLR camera in the bag . . . it is so awesome! Since Lincoln came into my life I've wanted to take pictures everyday, and now I have the most awesome camera to take them.
Jake loves to surprise me and he loves when I open presents and jump up and down screaming with excitement. I'm so lucky to have him as my husband. I thought I loved him as much as it was humanly possible to love anyone . . . until I saw him become a father. Lincoln and I are so very lucky to have him.

Lincoln is also blessed to have two wonderful grandfathers! Jake and I are both lucky enough to have the most generous, kind and loving fathers.

Jake's dad Duane was down to meet Lincoln this last weekend. He came up every morning to take Lincoln so Jake and I could keep sleeping. Grandpa Duane and Grandma Sharlene also brought down the cradle Duane made for Jake when he was a newborn. Lincoln looks so cute sleeping in the same tiny place his dad slept. We are so grateful to have Duane in our life.

My dad, Lorin, has been so helpful to us since we moved into our new house . . . he even gave us a new fridge with ice in the door, which for me is huge, since I love ice-water. It wasn't working when we first got it, so dad spent two weekends working on it until it finally was fixed . . . did I mention that I love having a fridge with ice in the door! I told Jake when we were looking at getting a new house that that was one of the things I just had to have, which is why it meant so much to me when my dad did that for us. He also did a lot to help us paint when we first moved in.

Both our dad has been so wonderful to us, and we're very lucky to have them in our lives! Happy Father's Day!

6 Comments:

Mandy said...

Happy Father's Day!! I am very jealous of your camera! I've wanted one for years, and we've almost got one several times, but no. You got an awesome one too, as digital SLRs go, you got the best. I am excited to see all of the fabulous pictures you will take. Keep 'em coming, we can't get enough pics of little L.J.!!

Molly said...

He's getting so big! When can we come see him? Congratulations on the camera - we actually just bought one of those on eBay. I can't WAIT to get it in the mail!

Lex-a-roo said...

Wow, what a great writer you are, It made me teary-eyed. I could really feel how much you love all these people.

christi said...

I love the picture of Lincoln in the car seat wearing his monkey jacket!!

Leslie said...

Oh...my little nephew is so cute!!!

Meredith said...

nice to hear that jake is still as sweet as he was in high school. cute baby!!!

Disney World 2015

It may have been two years ago, but it was still awesome and worth posting about! ...