Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Celebrations

We had a pretty busy weekend, what with the 4th being Independence Day, and the 5th being Richelle's birthday. On top of that, we headed down to Blanding Utah for the opening of the hospital Richelle's dad has been working on for some time now.

Blanding

If you don't know where Blanding is, don't feel too bad ... I didn't know either until Lorin started working on getting a new hospital down there up and running. Basically, if you were to hop in a car and head to Moab, and when you got there, just kept on driving south for another hour and half, then wa-la! - you'd find Blanding.

The hospital (officially, the Blue Mountain Hosptial) is all finished, staffed, stocked, and ready to open - as such, they had a big open house and dedication cermony over 4th of July weekend. The dedication cermonies included Ute, Navajo, and Cherokee Indian dedications and performances, which was pretty cool:

Richelle's dad Lorin ... he's worked really hard to get this hospital operational


Lincoln handled his first trip pretty well ... he slept in the car so well that he had a lot of trouble sleeping through the night (which wasn't so great). He was pretty cute though, as these pictures will attest:


With all the hospital activities, traveling, and parenting, both Richelle and I feel like we missed celebrating the 4th, which is a shame since we both love this country.

Monument Valley

While we were down in Blanding, we made a trip to Monument Valley, which was pretty cool:


Happy Birthday Richelle

The 5th was Richelle's birthday, which is always very exciting ... if you haven't already wished her a happy birthday, be sure to do so! Unfortunately, with all of the traveling, she got a little short-shifted this year. Still, we had a good time, a delicious cake, and some present opening fun. I sure do love her ... isn't she cute!

6 Comments:

The Wettstein Family said...

Happy Birthday Richelle! You look great!

Lindsey said...

Lincoln already looks bigger than he did a couple weeks ago!!! I can't believe how fast they grow. Looks like a fun break you had--and Happy B-day to Richers. (Hope you got my text, cause nothin says friendship like a birthday text.)

Kim said...

Happy birthday lady!! Hope all is well and can't wait to get our little guys together for their firt meeting! Call me sometime and we'll have to go play!

Meredith said...

Happy birthday Richelle maybe someday we'll get to meet each other!
jake, lincoln looks JUST like you.

Mandy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RICHELLE!! I LOVE the picture of Linc sleeping on your tummy while you are sleeping too. You both are adorable.

Mechanical Mom said...

Happy Belated Birthday Richelle!!!
Your little Lincoln is a cutie. I love the pic of both of you asleep. We won't be back from Alaska til October so we'll have to meet up then sometime. I loved my fishing trip in Seward, btw. I'm about to blog about it! :)

Disney World 2015

It may have been two years ago, but it was still awesome and worth posting about! ...