Sunday, May 17, 2009

Still Not Parents

Oh wow! We've had a lot going on. First things first though, Richelle has not had the baby yet . . . and boy is she pissed! I imagine there are few things harder in the world than counting down each nausea-ridden, aching, uncomfortable day with an elusive date seemingly forever away; to wait and wait and wait, and then FINALLY have the end in sight; to get your hopes up that the baby will come early, and then to have those cute hopes mercilessly crushed by your doctor when he tells you that the baby will most likely come late! And here we are 3 days from the due date, and it's looking like we're still a week away! So I can't blame Richelle for being upset, because I really am too! Come on and get here already!

In the middle of all that, I crossed a major milestone in my life . . . I got booted from the kiddie table and turned 30. Yeah, that was a little weird, but since being in my 20's was 2 times better than being in my teens, I'm hoping that being in my 30's is going to be 3 times better than being in my twenties . . . I'm probably being delusional, but I've got to hold onto my sanity somehow, right?

On the plus side, Richelle put together some pretty fun festivities for the depressing event. Our great friends Brock and Chelsey came down from Rexburg to see us (which was great), and Wednesday night we all went out and watched the new Star Trek movie . . . which, by the way, was absolutely awesome! I've always enjoyed J.J. Abrams stuff (i.e. Alias, Lost, Fringe), and he really came through on the Star Trek movie. You definitely don't have to be a trekkie to enjoy the movie, because it's an adrenaline-filled fun-fest right from the very start. But this brings us to a pretty serious question . . . between Star Trek and Star Wars, who has the coolest gadgets? I'm curious to hear everyone's opinion, because we had a pretty good debate about it the other night.

Saturday night we wrapped up the birthday activities. Phillip, Steve and I went up the mountain and shot trap for quite awhile, before busting the rear-axle mounts on the Jeep on the way back down the mountain . . . oh well, nothing a little welding won't fix. Afterwards we headed to Fuji Sushi, which has absolutely amazing sushi! We kind of went overboard, but it was just sooooo good! Once we were all stuffed, we headed back to Casa de Lloyd, where we had some ice-cream cake, some archery-range goodness (by the way, have I mentioned we have an archery range in the basement?), and finished the night with some Xbox 360 action. Basically, turning 30 wasn't all that bad . . . still, I don't exactly recommend it.

Anyhow, enjoy some pics!

Check out my awesome birthday slug compliments of Fuji Sushi in Centerville . . . pretty awesome, right!?!

Here's Adam, Chelsey, Brock, Kayla, Richelle, Matthew, me, Phillip and Brigette after seeing Star Trek . . . pretty nerdy, right?

And finally, as requested, here's a pic of our new home from the outside

And another.

4 Comments:

Meredith said...

Poor Richelle! there's nothing you can say or do to make her feel better either. just rub her feet. if it's any consolation, i'm not due til the end of June and look like a walrus in comparison!

Cathy and Bob Sampert said...

At least your baby will be fully cooked and ready to roll! Should be talking right away, right? :) An OB I rotated with during my 3rd year of med school used to say after 36 weeks almost every mom was at the "Get the Baby Out Stage" so we had to choose our words carefully at those visits to focus on this goal! Good luck and congrats on being 30! Bob passed that milestone 2 birthdays ago and is definitely having 3 times as much fun as his teens now. :)

Lex-a-roo said...

ooo. I didn't know the day was so close the baby will be here before you know it. But I can imagine it's torture waiting it out. It's so exciting to see your house. I'm way jealous that you have an archery set up in the basement.

Heidi said...

I checked out your blog today to see if there were any updates knowing that Rochelle's due date was near. If it makes you guys feel any better mine and Tyler's first baby was born 5 days late, and I was induced!!! You're not alone Rochelle and we wish you two all the luck in the world...it will be WONDERFUL!!! Can't wait to see pics of the new little guy:)

Disney World 2015

It may have been two years ago, but it was still awesome and worth posting about! ...