This last weekend we had our second opportunity to go to the Desert Star Theater and watch a hilarious parody. This time the theater's antics were aimed at American Idol, and while it was still very funny, it wasn't quite nearly as funny as Home School Musical. Still, we had a blast, and enjoyed it thoroughly. Here's the teaser for the play:
Thanks to a stirring rendition of a favorite primary song, a sweet, sheltered girl from Utah County wins a spot on America's most popular singing contest. However, things turn from exciting to deadly when mysterious accidents start to widdle down the contestants, bringing a whole new meaning to the term "elimination."Still, my favorite part was a skit after the main performance, where a girl with a secret crush on a guy decides to sing to him to tell him how she feels. She starts to sing the familiar lyrics to The Carpenters song "Close To You" ... you know the lyrics, right:
"Why do birds suddenly appearAs soon as she started to sing him the lyrics, a gigantic flock of birds came out of nowhere and started to attack him. The execution was perfect, and I could hardly stop laughing. It only got better when the songs lyrics changed to ask, "why do stars fall down from the sky...," and the poor guy started to get pelted by falling stars and meteorites. It got better still when he got jumped by a bunch of angels as the song progressed. It was brilliantly done, and I'm laughing right now as I think about it. Pure genius!
every time you are near?
Just like me, they long to be,
Close to you."
I think our next play (in June) is "James Blonde: Casino Real". I'm excited for that one!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment