Saturday morning I eventually dragged myself out of bed and headed into the bathroom . . . laying open on the floor was a medical reference book. I thought that was a little weird, but my curiosity was peeked (especially since it wasn't there when I went to bed at midnight), so I took a gander to see what page it was open to. I was even more curious after I saw that it was opened to the "appendicitis" article.
So, I was a little confused - and in all honesty, a little amused - so I went back to Richelle (who was mostly awake, but still in bed) and said something like, "Um, Richelle, why is there a book on the floor in the bathroom . . . and, um, why is it open to the appendicitis section?"
She grinned sheepishly, and said in her most innocent voice, "Well, you see, I had that leftover pizza last night," she started in a rush, "and it upset my stomach . . . and you know how I'm sunburned . . . and well, I um," then just about as fast as she could talk, she finished "I thought I was suffering from appendicitis last night because my stomach hurt and I had a fever (which was really just my sunburn), okay?"
I just smiled this huge smile as she looked at me all innocently . . . but then she added, "I left the book out so that if I didn't wake up, well, then you'd know what happened to me."
Seriously, how cute is that!
January
10 years ago

3 Comments:
That's a hilarious story! Leave it to Richelle...Silly Girl!
So funny!! Smart to leave some clues though, just in case.
Bob and I nearly died of laughter reading that.... and the tragedy is that there's no book open to the right page to explain it to whoever would find our bodies! Glad we blog-hopped over to see what you guys were up to!
~Bob and Cathy
Post a Comment