I can't hardly believe it's already been two years! The time has just flown by . . . but what's to expect when you're happily married to the person you love most in the world.
Despite all my many imperfections, failing, and shortcomings, Richelle has always stood beside me. She has always been my safe harbor through the many storms of life - my shoulder to lean on, to laugh on, to even cry on. She is my truest, and dearest friend and confidant. I may not always act like it, or even remember it throughout the stresses and distractions of the day, but I love her more than I love my own life.
Elizabeth Barrett Browning's famous Sonnet from the Portuguese puts it best:
- How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
- I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
- My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
- For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.
- I love thee to the level of everyday's
- Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.
- I love thee freely, as men strive for Right;
- I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.
- I love thee with the passion put to use
- In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
- I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
- With my lost saints!---I love thee with the breath,
- Smiles, tears, of all my life!---and, if God choose,
- I shall but love thee better after death.
-Jake






2 Comments:
Hey Jake and Richelle- Its Jamie- you know Janna's sister?! I found your blog yay! I think its amazing and I have to say I am VERY impressed that Jake does the blogging! So now its your turn to come find us! www.jamieandbryan.com
I am linking you to mine cuz its very important to me to see how little Richelle is doing! :) Have a great weekend you guys!
Jake, you are such a romantic! I love how you gush over your wife. Happy Anniversary!!!
Post a Comment