Thursday, May 29, 2008

Dinosaur Fun!

Richelle and I were very lucky to have George and Mandy in town last week - they're long-time friends of mine from Coeur d' Alene, ID. They were down in Utah visiting just about everyone they've ever known (or so it seemed), and we were included in on the festivities.

Friday we headed out to Thanksgiving Point to see the dinosaur museum (technically it's called the "North American Museum of Ancient Life", but that's a mouthful) with George, Mandy, and their two children - Georgey and Grayam. I'd never been out there before, and I'll admit it, my inner-nerd was pretty excited to go. We met George and Mandy, Karl and Christi, and Mandy's brother Grant, and his wife Liz, down there. The place is pretty cool - it's an ADD kid's dream, with just about every square-inch packed with something interesting, though by far, the most impressive features were the various dinosaur skeletons - some of which (like the Supersaurus) stretched over a 100 feet in length. Little Georgey seemed to be in heaven, and at times he literally ran from one exhibit to the next!

Anyhow, here are some of the pics from our little jaunt (courtesy of Mandy):

Georgey and Richelle having fun at the erosion table (don't
worry, that's not a black eye . . . it's pirate eye patch makeup)


Our velcro-dinosaur creation . . . Georgiosaurus

The T-Rex exhibit . . . very ferocious

After we were done meandering through the museum, we all watched one of their 3D Imax movies - "Giants of Patagonia." It took a little bit of time to get used to the 3D aspect, but after that it wasn't too bad, though it was a little on the boring side for a 3D dinosaur movie.

Afterwards, our whole group headed out to Applebee's for dinner in Lehi - it was kind of interesting because half of the Lehi Police Department was there to help bus tables, refill drinks, and what-not as part of a fundraising campaign for the Special Olympics. It might have been the first time I've ever had my drink refilled by someone wearing a Glock under their apron . . . not that I'm complaining, I rather liked the idea.

Anyhow, we had a blast seeing the Poteet's, but it was hard to see them go! I guess Richelle and I will just have to plan a trip up to Coeur d' Alene this summer!

2 Comments:

Duane and Sharlene said...

Looks like it was fun. I too think a trip to Coeur d'Alene would be a great idea. Duane

Mandy said...

Dear Richelle~
I liked playing in the water and wearing the vest and building the castles. Thanks for letting me watch Transformers. I want to play pirates with you.
Love,
Georgey

Disney World 2015

It may have been two years ago, but it was still awesome and worth posting about! ...