Last night was the release of the 4th book in the Twilight Saga - "Breaking Dawn." As you might imagine, Richelle was ridiculously excited. She'd been giddy about it for quite awhile. We both volunteered down at the Bountiful Barnes & Noble for the release party, which included getting all dressed up since it was a wedding theme. The colors were black and red, so Richelle found a beautiful black dress, spiced it up with some red (with her mom's help), and Richelle found me a red tie to wear with a black dress shirt - so we matched. Richelle really dolled herself up though, and she was absolutely radiant!
As expected, it was entirely crazy. There were easily 800 people there. Richelle ran the trivia game, which we'd spent all week gathering questions for, along with making a rather elaborate game board. I helped man the Twilight Apples-to-Apples game, but it couldn't really compete with the trivia.
We got our books first because we volunteered, but this time we were guilted into staying till the end and helping with cleanup. I was really worried we were going to be there till 3am, but they were able to get through all the costumers by 1:30am.
For Richelle, the night was only beginning though. I know when I fell asleep, she was reading. I give her 36 hours and she'll have it finished - all 741 pages.
January
10 years ago

8 Comments:
So are you done yet? I'd like to discuss this with someone and Meagan's just starting.
It was so good to see you again! I hope you loved the book as much as I did!
You guys both looked great at the party! Thanks for inviting me to join in on the fun. :)
I don't know why Bill said I was just starting... I was half way through... and now I'm done!!! And it looks like you had a fun time at the party!
You guys obviously threw a way better party than any of the bookstores here. We went to two, and they were fun, but not nearly as cool as yours. I totally stole Richelle's shirt idea. Oops. Imitation is the highest form of flattery, right? Tis true. And nearly won the costume contest with it. I almost called you several times when I was reading, I loved it, did you love it? Um, and sorry I was all confusing with my new phone number, I'm really spacey sometimes and didn't realize that you wouldn't just know it was me. I'm hoping someday I'll have a brain again. We'll see.
Hi...it's Ericka (Sister Wall from the mission) I just found your blog via Mike Scholes blog. I wish I too could comment on the book...I feel like the only female alive these days who has not read the series, call it pride I guess, anyway just wanted to say hello.
Wow.. that looks like it was tons of fun.. I wish I'd been able to be there.
Hey Richelle- Its Jamie- So I was just reading your blog catching up- I'm really sorry to hear about your grandpa and your mom's heart attack(thats crazy) anyway the picture on this post with you and the guests has my neighbor Rachel standing there. Small world. Unless you know her maybe you do. She's the one not wearing the Team Jacob shirt. Anyway I hope you guys are doing well. I haven't heard anything about you from Janna in awhile. Take care and Happy Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment