Confession: I love watching the food network, but it always makes me hungry. I've been wanting to make hamburgers for a really long time. So on Sunday I gathered all the ingredients that the food network has taught me would make a good hamburger. I started with 50% ground beef, 50 % pork sausage, made into thin patties. Cheese, and diced onions placed inside two thin patties. Then I gathered the toppings: Sauteed mushrooms, sauteed onions, grilled pineapple, bacon, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, and various condiments.
I was so excited to make what I hoped would be a wonderful dinner for my family. So Jake fired up the grill, and set to work grilling up my burgers.
What I failed to take into consideration, was that any cheese that leaked out of my burgers, would promptly burst into flames and the whole grill would become a raging inferno. Unfortunately my wonderful husband could not save the burgers I'd spent so much time forming to perfection, they were a charcoaled mess. Most unfortunate of all was that in his attempt to save my meal... Jake lite his head on fire. (He is fine! But his hair is not!) Luckily his eyebrows were saved, but the hair on top of his head has seen better days.
The meal was not a loss, I cooked the rest of the burgers on an electric skillet and they were excellent! I learned never to try to cook stuffed burgers on the grill ever again. (Sorry no pictures)
January
10 years ago

4 Comments:
You should ask Jake about an incident that involved a can, some gasoline, fire and eyebrows at Ryan's house.
That's terrible. I laughed really hard at Jake BBQing his head. But that's not really funny. Hope he's ok. I hate when a dinner doesn't turn out, especially when you spend so much time on it and you just see it going so well in your head. Happens to me all the time. But I don't follow recipes, which I'm sure is a large part of the problem. Glad you were able to salvage yours!!
oh dear. ouch. no pictures?
Despite everyone's mental images of Michael Jackson's blazing head, it wasn't anything bad. I just singed a few hairs.
Post a Comment