Sunday, February 1, 2009

Welcome Back Matthew!!!

Two years just flew by and Matthew is back from his mission to Honduras, though it was a bit of fiasco waiting for his flight to get in. The papers from the church said his flight would get in at 7:05pm, but when we got there the monitors said his flight was scheduled to come in at 7:35pm AND that his flight was delayed an hour. So, there we were, all spread out, settled in for an hour wait when I hear Richelle yell, "There he is! He's here!" It turned out that the boards were wrong, and Matthew's flight ended up coming in right at 7:35pm! We didn't have our signs up, our camera's out, or anything.

Anyhow, welcome back Matthew. We're all very proud of you!!!

2 Comments:

DKSBrayton said...

Wow! That's wonderful. Of course since I haven't seen all of you guys in a long while that picture made me feel old and I sound old by saying, I remember when Philip was "this big" and I remember when Bridget was "just a baby". Congratulations!

Mandy said...

That's funny! A similar thing happened to us when my brother Grant came home from his mission. There was a mix up about what gate he was coming from, and also we thought he'd be another 10 minutes or so. So we were all gathered at the wrong gate and we were waiting, but thought we had a few minutes, when he came up from behind and stood in the middle of us all and asked "so, who are we waiting for?" I turned and screamed so loud. Kind of freaked out security and everyone at the gate, I think they thought there was a bomb or something. Anyways, I love missionary homecomings. So fun to have them back!

Disney World 2015

It may have been two years ago, but it was still awesome and worth posting about! ...