Sunday, December 21, 2008

Expecting

It will just take too long to catch up on everything that has passed in the last several months . . . I keep trying to get Richelle to get involved in updating the blog with me, but she hasn't thought much of that idea . . . but, I suppose she has a pretty good excuse. She's been really sick the last several months - apparently, being pregnant makes you nauseous. Yep, we've got a little one on the way! I'm very excited, and I'm sure Richelle would be too if she wasn't so sick all of the time. We just passed 18 weeks.

Thanksgiving in Idaho

The other big news for us was our trip up to Coeur d' Alene for Thanksgiving . . . well, we technically flew up Thanksgiving day, and stayed for a week. This was a working a trip for us - my parents are building a new house, and we went up to help where we could. The weather wasn't terribly cooperative (since it was either raining or snowing nearly the whole time we were there). Still, we were able to build some fancy, beautiful stairs up from the main floor to the loft area. It was quite the undertaking - we built them at my dad's shop and then moved them (all 400+ lbs) to the house, and set them in place. It was a major undertaking, and we were glad we could help.

Here are the stairs mostly built

This was where the stairs needed to go

Dad came up with a pretty ingenious way of getting the stairs into position (using a few 2x4's, a chain, a come-along, and some straps)

And here the stairs are set in place . . . they looked fantastic!

3 Comments:

Lex-a-roo said...

Wow Congrats you guys. I'm so excited for you. What fun, except for the being sick part. I hope Rachelle Feels better soon.
That is a creative way to put up stairs. Hope you guys are on your way to a great Christmas.

The Ince's said...

CONGRATS!!! I will have to let Bill know. We need to get together some time when Rachelle is feeling better. Merry Christmas you guys!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I hope Rachelle feels better soon! Being sick isn't any fun!
www.thecockrellfamily.blogspot.com

Disney World 2015

It may have been two years ago, but it was still awesome and worth posting about! ...