Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Automotive Woes


Well, Richelle and I have been up to our necks in automotive projects over the last week - something we're not exactly experts on, but we can hold our own. Tyler and I have been plugging away at the issues with our Jeep, and I'm almost done. Last week I replaced the thermostat, and finally finished up the giant bushing project that had been looming over the Jeep since the day we bought it. That project turned out to be every bit the pain in the --- that I thought it was going to be, and then some . . . but it's done! All that's left to do is put in the new radiator, and we're golden.


Richelle has been fighting her own auto battles. She helped her dad work on Adam's Integra this week, which has been down-and-out for a couple of weeks now. They worked on it all day, put it all back together, and unfortunately, it still wouldn't start. She also helped work on the brakes of Phillip's 4-Runner, and I think another project or two. Today she's working on replacing the power-steering pump in her Cavalier, which is something she's been trying to get done for a couple of days now.

Last night proved interesting too. Richelle got a call just before 8pm that Phillip had driven down to drop Brigette off at her gymnastics class, and that his rear driver-side wheel had fallen off as he was leaving the parking lot. Everyone was off at work, or unavailable, so Richelle and I went and picked up a jack and headed down to get him taken care of. By the time we got there, her Dad had already shown up too. Phillip wasn't too happy (can't imagine why), but it didn't take too long to jack up the 4-Runner, use the wheel lug wrench to bend the tire lugs straight enough to get the tire on (one of which was sheered off, leaving only 4), and send him on his way. It wasn't a huge emergency, but it was more excitement than Richelle and I had had in a few days.

Phillip's 4-Runner, sans wheel


What's left of the lugs


Anyhow, not much else going on. This week is Richelle's Spring Break, and I took Thursday and Friday off for work. We were originally going to go down to Moab, but we've decided to push that trip back to April. We do want to go somewhere this weekend, but haven't decided where yet. Where ever we go - it'll be better than working!

1 Comment:

Mandy said...

Well hi! So I was googling something (how to teach kids to tie their shoes) and I decided just for kicks to google the name of our blog, since it's supposed to be blocked from coming up on search engines. And the first thing listed was your blog! Which was a surprise to me, since I didn't even know you had a blog. And there we are, the first names on your friends list. Which also was surprising, since I didn't know that you even knew we had a blog, since you've NEVER commented on it. But now that I've found you out, I'll be expecting comments. And I'm thrilled to now be aquainted with your super-cute blog, and will be checking regularly for updated posts!

Disney World 2015

It may have been two years ago, but it was still awesome and worth posting about! ...